The primary purpose of the Laborer position is to handle materials in and out of machines by hand, crane, fork lift and other handling equipment. In addition a Laborer is required to do simple set ups and machining operations, as well as weld-prep parts for fabrication.
Essential Job Functions
• Receives instruction from supervisor, work orders, and other documents.
• Handles materials in and out of machines by hand, crane, fork lift and other handling equipment.
• Receives instructions from foreman on requirements of the job. Uses necessary tools for checking dimensions.
• Uses grinder, wirebrushes (hand, electric, or air-powered) in order to clean parts and assemblies.
• Works to tolerances and finishes required.
• Cleans and lubricates machines and equipment as needed.
• Records time and production on proper forms.
• Maintains safety precautions at all times.
• Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Must have the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, push, pull, and carry various materials and equipment.
• All Production staff: Welders, Machinists, Burn Table Operators, Quality Control, and Maintenance.
• All Management staff: Production Supervisors, Shop Managers, Office Personnel.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Some college or technical school training preferred
• 1-2 yrs. Previous experience in manufacturing preferred