The primary purpose of a Laborer is to assist in the production of Holtec products through the handling and processing of material by hand, crane, fork lift and other material handling equipment to include cleaning, distribution of material and general labor work. In addition, a Laborer may be required to do simple machine set-ups and operations as well as prepare parts for welding and fabrication.
Essential Job Functions
• Receive verbal or written instruction from supervisor, work orders and/or other documents regarding daily assignments.
• Move material in and out of machines or work stations by hand, overhead crane, fork lift and other material handling equipment.
• Receive instructions from supervision on requirements of the job.
Use tools of measurements for checking dimensions of parts. Work to tolerances and finish required.
• Use hand and power tools such as grinders or wire brushes (hand, electric or air-powered) to clean parts and assemblies. Use other hand tools to perform required work.
• Clean, paint and/or lubricate machines and equipment as needed. Load/unload trucks as needed.
Complete required documentation to record daily time and production.
Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
• Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements including using all required personal protective equipment.
Physical Demands & Abilities
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must have ability to bend, kneel, crawl, push, pull, reach, climb and carry various materials and equipment.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
• High School Degree or equivalent minimally required.
• At least 1-2 years of experience in labor type function; previous experience in a metal manufacturing environment preferred.