Radiological Team Lead
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unconditionally safe and secure source of clean energy, the SMR-160 small modular reactor. The Position is offered by Holtec Britain as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry. Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station. The Radiological Team Lead will lead and manage a team of engineers producing the radiological protection, radioactive waste management and fuel and core safety case for submission to the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) for use in the Generic Design Assessment (GDA). This requires leadership experience in the production of nuclear safety case documentation in support of a developing reactor design to meet UK regulatory expectations and experience with leading and managing technical teams.
The Team Lead reports through the Head of Licensing to the GDA Project Director and will build strong a relationship with the US SMR Nuclear Lead. The UK GDA is a critical element for commercial deployment of SMR-160s word-wide, and this role provides a unique opportunity in an exciting emerging technology and energy marketplace.
Experience should include:
- Managing/leading technical teams
- Safety case document production experience.
- Public dose calculations for discharges (e.g., liquid/gaseous) and from direct radiation.
- Dose calculations for workers.
- Integrated Waste Strategies for light water reactor power stations.
- Gaseous, liquid and solid radioactive waste management system design.
- Nuclear fuel and power plant operations/physics.
- Knowledge of modeling and analyses of the nuclear core and fuel system.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Delivery of radiological protection, radioactive waste management and fuel and core safety case for GDA.
- Providing line management and coordinating the team, being responsible for coaching and mentoring to develop the team and the individuals in technical skills and in personal skills enabling them to deliver.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external organizations including the nuclear regulators.
- Interact with regulators to explain safety case and supporting substantiation.
- Support UK team development, participating in interviews.
- Applicants should be prepared to play an active role in a project-driven and highly integrated engineering team.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or science related discipline.
- Must possess excellent credentials in principles of radiological assessments.
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to engage credibly within and external to the business.
- Strong presentation and communication skills – able to present at multiple organizational levels and to external regulatory stakeholders.
- A credible decision maker, able to create confidence through crafting of strong justifications and arguments.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
- Experience in nuclear fuel performance and assessments, PWR fuel and core system.
- Experience in Chemistry considerations of PWR primary circuit
- Experience with Environmental Cases for nuclear facilities.
Holtec International are partnered with Thomas Thor for recruitment purposes, you may be contacted directly by Thomas Thor as part of your application process.
By engaging with Holtec and sharing your information with our recruitment partner, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these privacy statements and agree to the terms. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your data.