Quality Control/Level II NDE (VT, PT, MT)
East Pittsburgh, PA
Holtec International II
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing firm is searching for a qualified candidate to perform NDE on ASME Section III, Section VIII Vessels and nuclear power plant components. Experience in working with the following codes/standards: ASME, AWS, ISO and other standards are desired. Job requires potential overnight travel and will require off shift work.
- Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times.
- Maintain safety precautions at all times.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform specific inspections and specific evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and to record results.
- Perform NDE Examinations in conjunction with receipt and in-process inspections on material purchased for use in fabrication.
- Familiar with the tools and equipment and shall have demonstrated proficiency in their use.
- Capable of determining the calibration status of inspection and measuring equipment is in proper condition for use, and that inspection, examination and test procedures are approved.
- Capable of assisting production in the set-up of material and/or components for receipt inspection, as required.
- Train other individuals as required by management.
Physical Demands & Abilities:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, and stand for long periods of time. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The associate may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical warehouse or external loading areas.
- This role can be physically demanding and may require the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Quality Control Manager, Shop Managers, Quality Control Supervisor, Production Supervisors, Product Line Managers
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent with at least 3 years of inspection related experience.
- Preferred: 2 years of inspection related experience with a completion of 2 years of college in technical or engineering related discipline from a university, college, or technical school.
- Preferred: 1 year of inspection related experience with a degree in engineering or science from a university or accredited college.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be qualified and certified to ASNT-TC-1A in two or more of the following NDT Methods that will be utilized:
- Visual Examination (VT)
- Liquid Penetrant (PT)
- Magnetic Particle (MT)
- Radiographic (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Preferred candidate will be a Certified Level II Visual Examination (VT), Liquid Penetrant (PT) and Magnetic Particle (MT)
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License
- Previous Level II Certification to ASNT-TC-1A including documented objective evidence of classroom and on the job training experience.
Apply for this position