Manager of Nuclear Analysis
Holtec International is currently seeking an individual to manage Holtec’s nuclear analysis group. The group currently consists of about 15 members, located in two office in different time zones. The nuclear analysis group supports design, licensing, sales and manufacturing of Holtec’s products.
This position requires a highly-motivated individual with the flexibility and willingness to work on a wide array of technical and regulatory topics, and with demonstrated experience in managing an engineering/analyst group in the nuclear industry. The candidate should have a good technical understanding of the basic principals of nuclear operations such as plant operation and quality assurance, with a special focus on spent nuclear fuel.
Typical Responsibilities would include:
- Coordination of work load of all members of the department (using in-house scheduling software)
- Coordination with the in-house project management team
- Support of the business development team
- Communication with clients and other external stakeholders such as US and international regulators, and industry organizations
- Experience in nuclear analysis (criticality and shielding for spent fuel), nuclear analysis codes (MCNP, CASMO/Simulate), or spent fuel management would be seen as a benefit.
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this position:
- MS in Nuclear Engineering or physics (or closely related field) from an accredited college of university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency required in Microsoft Office suite of PC applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- General knowledge of nuclear power plant operations/physics
The following attributes are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- Experience with computer languages such as Python or Awk
- Experience preparing licensing documents for submittal to NRC
- Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810
Holtec International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.