East Pittsburgh, PA
The primary purpose of the Laborer position is to handle materials in and out of machines by hand, crane, forklift, and other handling equipment. In addition, a Laborer is required to do simple set ups and machining operations, as well as weld-prep parts for fabrication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives instruction from supervisor, work orders, and other documents.
- Handles materials in and out of machines by hand, crane, forklift, and other handling equipment.
- Receives instructions from foreman on requirements of the job. Uses necessary tools for checking dimensions.
- Uses grinder, wire brushes (hand, electric, or air-powered) to clean parts and assemblies.
- Works to tolerances and finishes required.
- Cleans and lubricates machines and equipment as needed.
- Records time and production on proper forms.
- Always maintains safety precautions.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. infrequently; lift and carry up to 25-30 pounds frequently.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made if possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, and stand for long periods of time. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, work at heights and use repetitive motion. The associate may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical warehouse/factory or external loading areas.
- Be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection, helmet, gloves, safety toed shoes, respirators, and powered air systems.
- All Production staff: Welders, Machinists, Burn Table Operators, Quality Control, and Maintenance.
- All Management staff: Production Supervisors, Shop Managers, Office Personnel.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Some college or technical school training preferred.
- 1-2 yrs. Previous experience in manufacturing preferred.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply for this position