Holtec International, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for the Nuclear, Solar,
Geothermal and Fossil Power Generation sectors of the energy industry, is seeking to add a Technical Writer to their Site Technical Services engineering team.
The Technical Writer will have the primary responsibilities to:
- Coordinate and perform procedure, specification, and operation and maintenance manual writing assignments to fulfill project requirements and achieve target dates
- Conduct equipment drawing reviews for functionality and operability requirements with the purpose of preparing and/or revising operating procedures and equipment operations and maintenance manuals, accordingly
- Write, revise, and review design and purchasing specifications for systems, structures, and components
- Review design concept drawings and detailed fabrication drawings for equipment using input from various technical disciplines to ensure consistency with operating conditions
- Write, revise, and review operating and maintenance procedures per administrative requirements in the areas of Dry Cask Storage Loading, Dry Cask Storage Facility Construction, Holtec Training Center Operations, and our Field Safety Program
- Modify existing procedures at Clients’ Plants for incorporation of new requirements pursuant to the Design Change Process and the regulatory requirements of 10 CFR72.48 and 10 CFR50.59
- Write, revise, and review fabrication procedures and factory and site acceptance test procedures.
- Determine effective implementation methods and strategies based on benefits, risks, and cost
- Maintain files and records of the research and final documentation, including any technical basis and calculations that support procedure writing efforts
- Review design and procedure change requests for suitability and provide feedback as necessary
- Facilitate procedure changes and assist plant personnel in the use and interpretation of procedures and general knowledge of equipment
- Perform independent technical reviews of procedures if qualified and as directed by management
- Participate in project and/or schedule development to coordinate and integrate procedure support with activities of other site organizations
Holtec International has a worldwide business presence with headquarters located in Camden, New Jersey, directly across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, PA.
All candidates MUST possess the following:
- Prefer degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or related Engineering discipline, but not required. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Prefer Nuclear Experience, but not required
- Experience in technical writing including system operating procedures, fabrication procedures, maintenance procedures, design and purchasing specifications
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of engineering design practices and principles (e.g., interference checks, tolerance stack-ups, fits, GD&T, rigging practices)
- Experience working with engineers and fabricators to develop fabrication, operating, and maintenance procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
Apply for this position