Technical Sponsor - Mechanical Design Engineer- Heat Exchangers
Technical Sponsor/Mechanical Designer Engineer- Heat Exchangers
The Technical Sponsor/Mechanical Designer Engineer is responsible for designing heat exchanger equipment for use in the power industry and has the primary responsibility to:
- Review client and Holtec specifications to determine design requirements.
- Coordinate and perform design work to fulfill project requirements, maintain configuration control and achieve target dates
- Oversee preparation of and perform review of design concept drawings for equipment using input from various technical disciplines
- Oversee preparation of and perform review of detailed fabrication drawings to be used by manufacturers to fabricate Holtec equipment
- Assist design team members with their responsibilities for an accurate and timely execution of projects
Education and Experience Requirements
All candidates MUST possess the following:
- Formal training in mechanical design or engineering (Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of engineering design practices and principles (e.g. interference checks, tolerance stack-ups, fits, GD&T)
- Experience working with engineers and fabricators to develop designs and drawings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using CAD software to create both 3D solid models and 2D detailed drawings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code designing Section VIII and/or III heat exchangers.
All candidates MUST receive the following training:
- QA Indoctrination
- Designer Engineer On-the-job Training