Required to perform the highest quality surface preparation and protective coating applications using all types of metal finishing equipment and protective coating application equipment. Must setup, operate, and maintain blasting and other types of surface preparation equipment. Must set-up, operate, and maintain paint spraying and other types of protective coating equipment. Must have the ability to interpret technical requirements of surface preparation and protective coating applications and be capable of verifying surface finish and coating quality for acceptance to applicable specifications and standards.
Hourly Rate: $28.55
15 Paid Vacation Days
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Work in a safe manner using all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Thoroughly understand surface preparation, finishes and coatings in application on finished product.
- Use all types of preparation and finishing equipment and supplies.
- Work from drawings, work orders, and instructions covering production parts or tooling requirements.
- Record time and production on proper forms and/or in computer systems.
- Handle material movements as needed by hand, crane, forklift, or other material handling equipment.
- Make necessary adjustments and performs routine maintenance necessary for proper care of equipment.
- Mark material identification as required.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Communicate with supervision on status of work, train new personnel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Abilities:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, and stand for long periods of time. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The associate may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical warehouse or external loading areas.
- This role can be physically demanding and may require the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in an industrial spray painting operation is preferred; experience in automotive painting is a plus.
- Prior experience with work order computer data entry systems.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.