Welder Flux-Cored Arc Welding
The Welder must be qualified on multiple weld processes to include FCAW in horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions. This position will perform the highest quality of welding on carbon and stainless steel on all types of products and materials using various types of automatic, semi-automatic or manual welding equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety regulations including wearing all required personal protection equipment (PPE) producing high quality work.
- Prepare materials for welding, fit the components, and perform welding process per drawing specification.
- Weld components in all positions consistent with quality requirements.
- Layout, position, align, fit, clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required preparation, configuration and/or position for welding.
- Work from drawings, work orders, supervisor’s instructions, weld procedure specifications (WPS) and Holtec standard operating procedures for welding using American Welding Society (AWS) symbols.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding process to avoid overheating of parts.
- Use tools of measurement for checking dimensions of parts, work to tolerances.
- Visually examine welds for quality.
- Operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Handle materials as needed by hand, overhead crane, forklift, and other material handling equipment.
- Maintain work area in safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Operate various types of automatic, semi-automatic or manual welding equipment to join metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc and submerged arc welding.
Physical Demands & Abilities:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, and stand for long periods of time. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The associate may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical warehouse or external loading areas.
- This role can be physically demanding and may require the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to perform multiple weld processes (FCAW, submerged arc) that pass visual examination and x-ray testing. (Manual welding testing requires successfully passing horizontal, vertical, and overhead position requirements.)
- Ability to read blueprints and transfer blueprint information to material.
- Minimum of 2-4 years welding in heavy plate manufacturing required.
- **MUST pass 2G and 3G FCAW weld tests
(Competitive Pay + Shift Differential)
Apply for this position