Product Line Manager- HGS
Product Line Manager
Holtec International through the Holtec Government Services (HGS) business unit is expanding to address the nation’s needs for increased production of submarines. HGS is currently contracted to build plant heat exchangers and is planning to expand its ability to meet the Navy’s new build schedules for the Virginia and Columbia class boats. Additionally, Holtec is a premier supplier of spent fuel storage systems and high-level waste containers which are also useful for defense applications.
The Product Line Manager (PLM) role is a hands-on role working with shop floor personnel to get materials ordered, weld plans and assembly sequences implemented to meet promised delivery dates. Thus, the PLM touches the hardware while ensuring the paper documenting conformance to quality requirements and customer specifications is satisfied. The PLM interfaces on a daily basis with shop managers and executives to ensure project status is on track or problems are being addressed.
- Overall project management and coordination of nuclear related fabrication as assigned
- Develop and maintain project plans with prioritized action items, which also identify high-risk fabrication project/product aspects, conceptual design, and develop alternate fabrication plans as it relates to nuclear-related fabrication.
- Create project documentation to include job travelers, procedures, dimensional inspection reports, Non-conformance Reports.
- Review, submit and release drawings, calculations, specifications, Supplier Manufacture Deviation Reports, documentation packages, shipping documents, and other project related technical documents.
- Coordinate timely project/product delivery to production and customers, as applicable, to meet the project schedule and ensure customer satisfaction to the highest standard.
- Responsible for managing project/product workflow throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Oversee assigned project/product schedule and identify alternate sources of material and services.
- Work with the Logistics Department to coordinate trucking and rail shipments.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Department and Quality engineers to implement and maintain Holtec's quality assurance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Shipyard overhaul or new construction experience is a plus
- A certificate in Engineering/Manufacturing Technology is a plus
- Experience in Navy QA programs such as SUBSAFE is a plus
- Navy nuclear experience with commensurate qualifications
- Navy machinist mate rating
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must be able to work with multiple levels of the organization to complete goals.
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments with little supervision.