System Design Associate - SMR
The System Design Associate (SDA) will facilitate delivery of engineering deliverables to progress SMR plant design according to the project plan, meet licensing goals, support the System Design team in designing plant systems. Will gather and consolidate information from multiple disciplines (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Nuclear, Safety Analysis, Process/Systems, etc.) and partners to generate technical reports.
Reports to System Design Lead.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Develop technical reports on various engineering topics in the workflow of system design
- Perform estimating calculations
- Review information from various internal and external sources and screen for applicability to system design
- Develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams
- Organization: Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and multi-task to ensure efficient handling of assigned tasks.
- Proactivity: Demonstrates the ability to manage individual tasks and seek new tasks that facilitate Project completion.
- Follow through: Demonstrates reliability in completing or managing assigned tasks.
- Communication: Demonstrates clear and concise communication on regular basis between project associates.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates the ability to work with and thrive in a diverse and challenging team environment.
- Nuclear power experience (e.g. nuclear navy or nuclear energy production) - minimum 5 years
Desirable additional qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience and knowledge with commercial nuclear power plants
- Programming Languages proficiency
- Proficiency in Autocad/Smartplant 3D/NavisWorks
Apply for this position