Technical Project Manager (SMR)
Reports to Program Manager, SMR-160
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will facilitate delivery of engineering deliverables to progress SMR plant design according to the project plan, meet licensing goals, support resolution of emergent project and technical issues, and manage input definition for design partners and subcontractors designing plant systems, structures, and components. Will manage work, processes, and practices across multiple disciplines (Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Nuclear, Safety Analysis, Process/Systems, etc.) and partners to facilitate efficient delivery of the expanding scope define in an integrated project schedule. The TPM will be a member of a team comprised of other TPMs, adjuncts, and project staff.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Manage SMR-160 programs (ex. Risk, quality assurance, document configuration control).
- Coordinate and resolve technical items with Stakeholders, Project Partners or Vendors.
- Assist technical leadership in executing the project, including ensuring alignment of work plans to project objectives, forecasting and prioritization of upcoming work, and assessment of progress.
- Validation of project scope completion in specific areas of the project, including assessment of the completeness, quality, and sufficiency of deliverables.
- Manage the SMR-160 schedule
- Mentor Adjunct Technical Project Managers (ATPM)
- Organization and planning: Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and multi-task to ensure efficient handling of the many tasks associated with the role.
- Proactivity: Demonstrates the ability to manage individual tasks and seek new tasks that facilitate Project completion.
- Follow through: Demonstrates reliability in completing or managing assigned tasks.
- Communication: Demonstrates clear and concise communication on regular basis between project associates, senior management members, and external partners.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates the ability to work with and thrive in a diverse and challenging team environment.
- Critical thought/questioning attitude: Challenges and considers information and processes.
- Engineering Degree or other technical degree with sufficient relevant experience
- Project Management or Leadership experience- minimum 5 years.
Desirable additional qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project scheduling experience (P6, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- LEAN experience (product or process workflow improvement)
- Agile Certified Practitioner or similar (quick iterative methodology or similar)