-Holtec Security International, Real-Time Crime Center, Tactical Operations Coordinator
Under direction is responsible for maintaining coordinated crime prevention-public safety services between law enforcement field operations and real-time tactical operations center personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXAMPLES OF WORK
- To apply appropriate analytical methods and techniques to identify and analyze raw information for the purpose of providing real-time situational awareness to law enforcement assets and commanders.
- To conduct real-time intelligence lead policing assessments of major crime.
- To communicate situational awareness and virtual patrol observations to law enforcement field units.
- To collect periodic progress and situation reports from field supervisors, District Commanders, and other monitored units.
- To monitor tele-communications and field operations to ensure call for service prioritization, tiered emergency response, automated emergency dispatch, and resource utilization follows department protocols.
- To perform priority CCTV surveillance assignment in matters involving officer safety, in-progress crimes, unusual events, or public emergencies.
- To evaluate directed patrol and engagement activity to ensure crime prevention efforts are consistent with crime prevention plans, pre-determined patrol sector/hotspot expectations, and in response to emerging crime conditions.
- To monitor the field unit response to public safety emergencies in real-time.
- To correlate, integrate, and evaluate varying types of information from investigative and operational activities for the purpose of generating investigative leads.
- To monitor and evaluate resource utilization metrics, proactive alignment, quantitative and qualitative levels of crime prevention effort, and the existence of criminal activity to determine sufficiency and effectiveness.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, Information Management Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of crime prevention techniques and public safety emergency response operations.
- Knowledge of computer systems used to monitor police operations in real-time and analyze data.
- Ability to communicate orally and writing to effectively prepare findings and create reports for command level officers.
- Ability to present findings in a concise and well-organized manner.
- Ability to effectively represent the client when interacting with counterparts throughout the Intelligence and law enforcement communities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk, hear and work with computer systems.
- This role may require the ability to lift typical office related materials not to exceed fifty (50) pounds.