General Summary of duties:
- Job duties will consist of preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and mechanical/electrical repair of various industrial presses, machines and process equipment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities - (Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair various equipment electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical issues with minimum assistance in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a laptop or other interface device for trouble shooting PLC or computer control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interrupt hydraulic and pneumatic drawings as well as the function of the circuits.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to damaged or worn parts.
- Installs power wiring and conduit for newly installed equipment. Connects and tests power wires.
- Ability to size and wire electrical circuits in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification.
- Diagnose and repair/replace failed equipment such as motors, wiring, PLC, I/O modules, variable frequency drives, and power supplies.
- Complete scheduled, non-scheduled and emergency repair tasks in a timely manner.
- Follow up on open work orders requiring parts to complete repairs.
- Assist in the planning activities such as daily work list, estimating time required for a task, preventative maintenance task or procedures.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure corrective action was thorough. Understand proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Frequency Drives.
- Demonstrated ability to read wiring schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Processes the knowledge and the ability to MIG/TIG weld, braze metals, use torches, and stick weld.
- Extrusion experience is a plus.
- Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; frequently bend, sit, stoop, climb and stretch.
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to use hand tools and keyboard.
- Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; specific vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Apply for this position