Production Welding Supervisor
Essential Job Functions:
- Enforce safety and quality requirements.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the fabrication, assembly, production and/or processing of materials such as welders and laborers.
- Confer with other production supervisors and working supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Review completed work to include the inspection of welds, materials, products or equipment to detect defects or non-compliance.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Conduct employee training on welding techniques, equipment operation or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Keep records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School degree is required upon entry, a 2-year Technical degree or previous apprenticeship schooling is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervision in welding and steel fabrication required. Experience working with ASME codes preferred. 5-10 years of experience in supervising welding in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of welding and machining processes preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills in the presentation of information to individuals and groups, listening and responding to others.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required - ability to develop and maintain relationships with others, encourage teamwork and cooperation.
- Excellent leadership skills required - skill and ability in coordinating, facilitating, and participating in a collaborative approach to complete tasks and assignments.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required.
- Ability to safely direct production personnel in order to meet critical deadlines required.
- Ability to read drawings, layouts, and blueprints required.
- Ability to work all shifts
- Experience in technical writing preferred.
Apply for this position