ISFSI Access Coordinator
Holtec Decommissioning International is currently seeking a ISFSI Access Coordinator to join the team in Buchanan, NY.
We are proud of our reputation for professional and technical excellence, and we recognize that the key to upholding that reputation resides in the excellence of our employees. We are looking for talent who bring value to the organization and contribute in advancing our business and reputation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation (ISFSI) Security Access Coordinator performs site access and fitness for duty program field activities in accordance with fleet policies and procedures and industry regulations. This is accomplished by the following:
- Reviews and adjudicate derogatory background information, arrests, and criminal history.
- Responsible for making final decisions on granting or denying unescorted access.
- Interfaces with appliable personnel to in-process new employees and contractors.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The ISFSI Security Access Coordinator, in addition to having the appropriate technical and tactical mindset, must be able to instill public and regulatory confidence in this role, and maintain necessary skills and qualifications.
- Associate degree in Criminal Justice or other discipline generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent work experience.
- Desired: B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice.
- 3 years nuclear plant (preferably in security), military or law enforcement experience.
- Desired: 4 or more years’ experience in the health care industry or other medical related field.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must meet requirements of NRC psychological testing regulations.
- Must satisfy all nuclear regulatory elements to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
- Have physical stamina for walking, climbing, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and effectively react to situations of adversity with people and resolve them with tact, diplomacy and courtesy
HDI offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; time-off programs; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. HDI is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.