QUALITY ENGINEER ROLES and RESPONSIBILITY:
Holtec Quality Engineer is responsible to provide a technical foundation for developing/ supporting Holtec operations as required to comply with the requirements of 10CFR50 Appendix B, NQA-1, ISO 9000 and other industry consensus. The Quality Engineer reports directly to the HMD Quality Manager or the Holtec Quality Manager of Manufacturing
QUALITY ENGINEER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all Holtec teams.
- Perform defect trend analysis and root cause analysis of Holtec nonconforming material and processes.
- Create, evaluate, trend and oversee the results of internal and external corrective action request.
- Generate, revise and implement Holtec Work Instructions.
- Support internal and external surveillance and/or audits of Holtec and/ or vendor operations and processes.
- Provide technical support for work in process activities, new product evaluations, test and inspection activities as required.
- Provide daily technical support to Holtec Teams.
- Support Holtec receiving inspection requirements including a review of material certifications.
- Provide support for Measuring and Test Equipment maintenance and calibration requirements.
- Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices.
- Perform Holtec documentation and regulatory requirements to complete/verify document packages are acceptable to the Interdivision Purchase Requisition (IPR) requirements.
- Support Holtec requirements for new hire training and annual retraining of Holtec Team members.
- Quality Engineer to manage and/ or train the Quality Team members in the department, responsible for the performance management and assist with the hiring of employees within the department.
QUALITY ENGINEER COMPETENCIES:
- Nuclear Safety Conscience
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/ Analytical
- Customer/ Client Focus
- Time Management
- Performance Management
QUALITY ENGINEER EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Engineering or equivalent, preferred in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; or AS degree with one year of quality assurance related work; or a high school diploma plus three years of quality assurance related work.
- Knowledge of applicable codes including, but not limited to, 10CFR50 Appendix B, NQA-1, ISO 9000 and other industry consensus.
QUALITY ENGINEER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Statistical process control knowledge.
- Six Sigma analytical techniques.
- Material Properties
QUALITY ENGINEER SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and schedules quality inspections related to incoming materials, parts in process, and parts to be shipped.
- Coordinates regularly between managers, departments, and customers.
- Provides regular quality and safety training related to standard operating procedures.
- Administration and maintenance of quality management system.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production through monitoring processes and checking the final output.
- Collect and sort quality data and perform statistical analysis to enable proactive solutions.
- Ensure policies, procedures, codes and standards are met.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear, and stand for long periods of time. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, and use repetitive motion. The associate may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions, such as in a typical warehouse or external loading areas.
- This role can be physically demanding and may require the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.