Holtec International, a turnkey supplier of technologies for the worldwide nuclear power industry, is currently seeking an Applied Thermal Specialist for a position in our thermal-hydraulics group. The position will be based in our Camden, NJ office.
Holtec’s thermal-hydraulics group is primarily engaged in the design and analysis of spent nuclear fuel storage and transportation casks, high-density spent nuclear fuel storage racks, SMR thermal-hydraulic evaluations and heat exchangers. Typical thermal-hydraulics group tasks include:
- Thermal performance evaluations of spent fuel casks
- Thermal performance evaluations of spent fuel pools
- Design and performance evaluations of heat exchangers
- Preparation and review of calculation reports
- Preparation and review of licensing reports
- Preparation and review of computer code validations
- Participating in meeting with clients and the government regulators
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or equivalent) in Mechanical, Chemical or Nuclear engineering
- Experience using the ANSYS-FLUENT CFD program
- Thorough knowledge of heat transfer and fluid dynamics fundamentals
- Thorough knowledge of CFD models for turbulence
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
- Experience in modeling problems with two-phase flow, boiling and condensation
- Experience with RELAP5 and/or GOTHIC
US citizenship is preferred due to contractual requirements.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.holtecinternational.com
Apply for this position