Holtec International is a U.S.-based diversified energy technology company with its corporate technology center located in Camden, New Jersey in the South Jersey region of the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The company's corporate headquarters are located in Jupiter, Florida. The company also maintains several operations centers around the world, including major bases of operation in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania), Lakeland (Florida), Orrville (Ohio), Kiev (Ukraine), Gloucester (England) and Pune (India).
This position will be based out of the Camden, NJ campus. Prospective employees will be interviewing for a full-time Corporate Civil Engineer position for Holtec’s Civil Design and Construction Division (CDCD). CDCD is responsible for the Civil Engineering, Design, and Construction Planning for all of Holtec’s active and planned dry cask storage projects. The Civil Engineer’s responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing construction drawings that include, but are not limited to:
- General arrangement and site layouts
- Grading and drainage designs
- Reinforced concrete structural details.
- Preparing a variety of engineering calculation reports that include, but are not limited to:
- Reinforced concrete design
- Underground utility design and strength analysis
- Bearing and settlement analysis
- Slope stability evaluations
- Geotechnical evaluations
- Grading, drainage, water resource, and design basis flood evaluations
- Preparing specifications for heavy civil construction projects.
- Preparing bid documents to aid in construction project Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for projects with budgets in excess of $10M.
- Preparing procedures that aid in controlling construction processes specific to each project.
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor, and other vendor documentation for conformity with specifications.
- Supporting ongoing heavy construction projects, both at the corporate facility and on site. Corporate engineers are expected to travel to active construction projects, occasionally, for typically no longer than one week at a time (~20% travel).
- 0-10 years of experience; level of responsibility and salary will be commensurate with experience
- Familiarity with applicable civil codes and standards (e.g. ACI/ASTM/AASHTO)
- Familiarity with AutoCad and similar Computer Drafting/Design Programs
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis
- Nuclear Industry Experience preferred, but not required
- BS degree in Civil Engineering (MS degrees given strong consideration)
- FE/EIT/PE Certification preferred, but not required.